Subsurface Enviromental Solutions
New community water supply
YMCA Camp Becket
YMCA Camp Becket, in the Bershire
Mountains of Massachusetts, has been a
leading summer camp for boys for over 100
The camp needed a new water supply well
to increase capacity for camp expansion.
Water quality improvement was also sought
due to encroachment around historical
water supply wells.
SES teamed with Cedar View Projects, Inc.
to test and permit a new community water
supply well. SES installed data logging
equipment and assisted Cedar View
Projects in monitoring a step test and 48
hour pump and 24 hour recovery test. The
Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection (MassDEP)
approved the well which now provides pristine water for the entire camp,
and will allow future camp expansion.
SES Value Added
- Installed and programmed pump test monitoring equipment
- Evaluated step test and long term pump and recovery test
- Downloaded and plotted pump test figures
- Calculated safe yield for the new well
- Performed CAD services for permitting
Scott Freeman, P.E.
Cedarview Projects, Inc.